Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2022

July Books I Did Not Finish



Up All Night with a Good Duke:  I got about half way through this one and gave up.  I really didn't like the characters. They were flat and uninteresting. I felt zero chemistry between the couple.  It just came across as cheesy and I was just not interested in seeing where they ended up.  


Dark Companion
:  I have had this on my TBR for a long time.  Sadly, I got about 10% in and knew it wasn't for me.  I didn't care for the characters.  Again, they were uninteresting and dull.  I could see a love triangle coming into play and I was not interested. Maybe if I was younger, I would have loved this.


Cult Classic
:  Can a book be weird and boring at the same time?  Apparently it can if it's this book.  I was so confused and so bored that I gave up about 30% in.  I found I had no interest listening to the audiobook and kept switching to more interesting things. The main character rubbed me the wrong way.  She is engaged and yet she contemplates sleeping with an ex-boyfriend.  Nope, not interested.


The Change:
  This book really didn't sit well with me.  Maybe because I don't hate all men?  I found myself rolling my eyes constantly in the 40% I read.  Nope, not interested. 

Fadeaway:  I called the ending in the first 15%.  I flipped to the end and was right.  I was bored and found it predictable.  I had no desire to go back and finish.


This Might Hurt
:  I made it about 50% in but had to stop.  There are two narrators.  One I found boring.  The other I just couldn't take reading about the abuse from her father any more. I had no intertest in seeing how the two people ended up connecting later in the book. 



No comments: