Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2023

Review: The Dangerous One by Lori Foster

Author: Lori Foster
Publisher: Harlequin
Publication Date: February 21, 2023

Hunter Osborn left his family, his friends and his job as a park ranger after uncovering a disturbing crime scene. Haunted by nightmares and dark thoughts, Hunter relocated to a small cabin outside of Ridge Trail, Colorado, where he lives off the land (and mostly off the grid). To pay the bills, he works on classic cars, keeping his interactions with others to a minimum.

Still, Hunter can spot trouble from a mile away, and when he encounters Jodi Bentley, he knows she’s trouble of the most tempting kind—even more tempting when she moves into the run-down cabin next door. But when Jodi’s own past comes knocking, Hunter gets drawn out of his own darkness and into hers.

I have been in such a reading slump lately. One thing I love to do when faced with a reading slump is pick an author who I know won't disappoint me.  The Dangerous One is Lori Foster's latest romantic suspense coming out.  It exists in the world of the McKenzies from Ridge Trail series.  Jodi is a side character from that series.  Now she is trying to make a life on her own.  She didn't count on having a mysterious and broody neighbor next door.  Hunter has been living alone with is dog trying to work through his trauma from an incident a year before. From the first glance, his new neighbor intrigues him.

I devoured this one.  The suspense part of the book was really good and had a despicable bad guy.  Jodi is seriously bad ass and I loved her strength. However, for me, the romance was the best part of the book.  I really loved watching Hunter and Jodi fall for each other.  Both of them were dealing with past traumas. That had made them both wary to trust and to open themselves up.  The friendship that grew between them in the beginning was really special.  I also loved how the McKenzies made appearances in this one.  They forced their way into Jodi's heart and made her one of their own. Hunter's brother intrigues me and I can't wait to read his story.  This book really helped me get out of my reading slump.  I definitely recommend this one.


No comments: