Pages

Saturday, June 3, 2023

May Mini Musings

Alaskan Mountain Search: This is the 8th book in the K-9  Search and Rescue series.  I definitely liked this one the least out of all of the books in the series.  I didn't care for the main character as she was kind of insufferable.  It was a bit too religious for me.  I also didn't love the narrator for the audiobook on this one.  The voices for the different characters were hard to tell apart.  I have still loved the series overall. 


Alaskan Avalanche Escape:  This is the final book in the K-9 Search and Rescue Series.  And what a finale.  This one is jam packed with action and lots of avalanches. I liked the main characters and the romance was sweet.  It's a great way to end the series.

Detection Detail
:  
This is the first in the Rocky Mountain K-9 series.  It looks like the books in this series are more closely related to each other.  There seems to be a story arc where the K -9 training center is being targeted.  Also, there is a missing baby that isn't found in this book.  This one worked OK as a stand alone since it was the first in the series. There were a lot of unanswered questions in the end.  I didn't love the couple and I picked out the culprit right away.  I thought the reasons her being targeted was kind of dumb.  I'll still continue with the series though.


No comments: