Pages

Friday, December 29, 2023

More December Mini Musings

Undercover Mission:  I wish I could say I enjoyed this one.  But it's definitely my lest favorite of the series so far.  It was kind of forgettable.  I hated the couple.  There was zero chemistry. Also, for a cop who is  undercover, the main character had zero awareness and kept getting attacked.  I was annoyed.


Hemlock Island
:  This is another one I wish I could say I enjoyed. I love this author, but this book just didn't do it for me.  I hated the ending.  I didn't love the reveal.  It was cheesy and just didn't work for me.  The characters were unlikable.  I probably should have DNF'd this.  The only thing I did like was the kid.


The Last Close Call
:  For the most part, I enjoyed this one.  I liked the mystery part of the book more than the romance part.  I didn't really feel the attraction between the main characters.  But I thought the use of DNA and genealogy to track down a serial killer was pretty cool.  

We'll Never Tell: This was just a "meh" YA msytery.  I had a hard time believing that the police would have missed a huge piece of evidence in the house.  It was very far-fetched and required a LOT of suspension of disbelief.  The reveal was obvious and pretty much a let down.  


Midnight Renegade
:  My least favorite of the series.  I was annoyed that the fortress that was supposed to be so protected ended up not being so fortified after all. I also didn't love the romance.  It was too insta-lovey for me.






No comments: