Pages

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

November/December Mini Musings

Quarter to Midnight:  This book was a bit long for my taste.  Even though it's a long book, the romance part was kind of insta-lovey.  I felt like there wasn't enough time to build up their relationship.  Despite all of that, I did ultimately like the msytery.  I enjoyed the characters.  I'll probably continue with the next book in the series.

Scarewaves:  This is a really enjoyable middle school horror book.  It would be a good way for younger readers to dip their toes into the horror genre.  I was sucked right in and thoroughly captivated. The characters were great. I loved how mismatched they were, they could come together to solve what is going on in the town. This is a great debut!

Truth or Dare:  I've had this one in my TBR for a while.  I'm glad I did end up reading it.  I loved how the couple got to be friends first.  I did thin that Tyler was kind of a dumb-ass when it came to the other woman.  How he didn't get that he was being played I will never know. Still the book had fun characters with lots of laugh out loud moments.  Check it out.

Suddenly a Murder:  This was another recent YA mystery that I wasn't a fan of.  A lot of it wasn't believable.  The whole scenario with the cop and her reveal was so far-fetched.  In the end, it was just meh.  

No comments: