Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2026

Review: Savage Heart by Willow Aster

 

Savage Heart by Willow Aster is now live!

 


From USA Today bestselling author Willow Aster comes a heartfelt second-chance romance about a cowboy and a single mom wrangling their tragic past into hope for the future on a proud Wyoming ranch.

A car accident on prom night changes everything for eighteen-year-old Maverick Harrington. In a flash, he loses two best friends: one who dies in the crash, the other who carries the blame. Finding hate easier than grief, Maverick’s heart slowly hardens. Now twelve years later, he runs Harrington Ranch, bearing the family name on his shoulders and wearing the past like a brand on his heart.

Iris Sullivan didn’t have the sense to leave Ironwood, where loyalty is law. She’s raised her son in the same town that turned its back on her, surviving on stubborn resilience as a single mother. When a golden opportunity takes her back to Harrington Ranch, she comes face-to-face with the man who once said she was dead to him. But forced proximity has a way of weakening defenses.

As old secrets and new sparks ignite, Maverick starts to see the woman behind the whispers—and the twelve-year-old boy whose legacy he can’t ignore. 

Download today or read and listen for FREE with Kindle Unlimited

Narrated by: Sean Masters & Chloe Ryan

My thoughts:

Savage Heart is the first book in the Harrington Ranch series.  This one involves Maverick and Iris and them finally getting a second chance. I have mixed feelings about this book.  I loved watching Maverick and Iris find their friendship again and have that turn into love.  I also did like that the forgiveness from Iris wasn't immediate.  The relationship that Maverick develops with her son was very sweet.  

What I didn't love was the years of disdain and abuse that Iris endured all because people couldn't ask simple questions.  I had a hard time liking anyone in the book for making her go through that all with no proof.  That includes all of Maverick's family, except his mom.  She was amazing.  Despite this issue, I still enjoyed the romance and loved the ending.  I can't wait for the next book.




No comments: