Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Throwback Thursday - After the Night

Author: Linda Howard
First Published in 1995 by Pocket

Faith Devlin wanted to hate Gray Rouillard--not feel drawn to him. For Rouillard, the thought of Faith in a swirl of tangled sheets beneath him was unthinkable--because he planned to use all his power to ruin her. But uncovering old secrets and new desires is something they can only do together.

I gave this 3 stars on Goodreads because while I liked the HEA, I had a hard time understanding how Faith could feel anything like love for Gray after the way he treated her that night 12 years earlier. Especially after he continues to be rude and a complete jerk to her when she moves back to town. Attraction or not, I think it would take me a lot longer to forgive. The thing I did like about the book is that you get a good sense of where both the characters are coming from since you see them in different phases of their life. I did sympathize a little bit with Gray and can understand his reaction on "that night". But I hated how he treated Faith years later. My heart broke for her after the porch scene.

While the mystery of what happened was interesting, it was pretty easy to figure out the killer. As usual, Ms. Howard writes some pretty steamy loves scene. The bathroom scene was very amusing. The audio version was great. I love Natalie Ross as a narrator.

--Kari

No comments: