Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Poacher's Son by Paul Doiron

by:  Paul Doiron
published by:  Minotaur Books
publish date:  May 11, 2010

Game warden Mike Bowditch returns home one evening to find a cryptic message on his answering machine from his father, Jack, who he hasn't heard from in two years. The next morning Mike gets a call from the police: a beloved local cop has been killed and his father is their prime suspect.

Coming to terms with his haunted past and desperate for answers, Mike and a retired warden pilot journey deep into the Maine wilderness to clear his father's name and find out why Jack is on the run. But the only way for Mike to save his father is to find the real killer before the killer finds him.


This was one of my random audiobook picks from the library.  I almost always end up finding something really great doing that and this was no exception.  The Poacher's Son is the first in a series by Paul Doiron about Maine game warden Mike Bowditch.  In this first book he is investigating and trying to clear his father in a murder case.

I always like books set in New England and I felt like the author did a good job portraying Maine.  The job of Game Warden was a new one to me and really liked how this book explained what a game warden does.  There was also reference to one of my favorite movies, Lake Placid, no matter how cheesy, still a great one!
This book is the first in a series featuring Mike Bowditch.  I'm currently listening to the second book in the series right now.  It's called Trespasser and so far I've been enjoying it as well.  I'm really glad I stumbled upon this series.

No comments: