Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

2 in 1: Deeper Than Need & Sweeter Than Sin by Shiloh Walker

Today, I have the first two books in the Secrets and Shadows series by Shiloh Walker.  There are actually 3 novellas that came out earlier this year that introduce the town.  You can read my reviews here.

The first book, Deeper than Need (St. Martins Press, 2014) is the beginning of what looks to be a story arc that will span at least the next three books.  I'm not sure if this series is more than just a trilogy.  While it is a romantic suspense, the subject of the story arc is pretty dark.  I won't say much more because it would ruin the ending of the book.  

But, I can tell you that Trinity has just moved to town with her son and is trying to build a new life away from the mess her ex-husband got himself into.  She has bought the one house that Noah hates more than any other place.  It is the place that his girlfriend disappeared from 15 years earlier.    When the renovations on the house unearth a horrific secret in the house, there is a domino effect that rocks the entire town.

As I said before, the mystery part seems to span a few books, so there isn't too much resolution to that in this book.   But, the romance is very sweet.  I loved watching Noah and Trinity fall in love.  It was a lot of fun to watch them finally find a deep connection with another person.  

I found the second book, Sweeter than Sin (St. martins Press, 2014), really hard to put down.  There
is a lot going on in this book.  Much of which I can't talk about because it would mean some major spoilers. Let's just say a mystery woman is back in town and she may know something about the body found in the basement of Trinity's house in book 1.

One of the most shocked residents to see her is Adam.  He is elated and needs to figure out how to help her and get her to stay this time.  I did feel like their relationship was a bit rushed, I know he has been pining for her, but I wasn't so sure I bought her side of the romance. I'll have to see how it plays out more in book 3.

I don't recommend reading this book before you read Deeper than Need.  To me, it was not a stand alone book.  There was a cool twist in this one.  But there are still a lot of secrets that have yet to be revealed. There is a killer still on the loose.  I thought I had it figured out, but I was wrong.   I can't wait for book 3, Darker Than Desire to come out later this year.  Hopefully, we can get some answers!



No comments: