Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2014

The Skin Collector by Jeffery Deaver

by:  Jeffery Deaver
published by:  Grand Central Publishing
publish date:  May 14, 2014

They call this butcher The Skin Collector: a tattooist with a chamber of torture hidden deep underground. But instead of using ink to create each masterpiece, the artist uses a lethal poison which will render targets dead before they can even entertain the prospect of escape . . .

The Bone Collector was one of those books that made a profound impression on my reading habits when I was a younger adult.  I was so happy to finally have found the type of writer that I really enjoyed and kind of books that I wanted to read.  Not to mention, the movie was awesome in my opinion.  

The Skin Collector is sort of a bringing back of that book.  The Skin Collector is using some of the crimes of the Bone Collector to incite terror throughout the city of New York.  I thought it was a clever book full of crazy twists and turns that one would expect from Jeffery Deaver.   

I had stopped reading this series for a while because I just sort of got tired Lincoln Rhyme.  However, this book was sort of like coming back to a good friend.  I felt like the series got a little out of control for awhile, but I was glad to see that in this book everybody was sort of back to their roots and things were back to where it started.  

No comments: