Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Trespasser by Paul Doiron

by:  Paul Doiron
published by:  Minotaur Books
publish date:  Jun 21, 2011

While on patrol one foggy March evening, Bowditch receives a call for help. A woman has reportedly struck a deer on a lonely coast road. When the game warden arrives on the scene, he finds blood in the road—but both the driver and the deer have vanished. And the state trooper assigned to the accident appears strangely unconcerned.

    The details of the disappearance seem eerily familiar. Seven years earlier, a jury convicted lobsterman Erland Jefferts of the rape and murder of a wealthy college student and sentenced him to life in prison. For all but his most fanatical defenders, justice was served. But when the missing woman is found brutalized in a manner that suggests Jefferts may have been framed, Bowditch receives an ominous warning from state prosecutors to stop asking questions.


This is the second book in the Mike Bowditch series by Paul Doiron.  I stumbled across this series on my library's website in the audiobook section.  I really liked the first one, The Poacher's Son, so I decided to keep on going with Trespasser.

While, the story itself wasn't super interesting, I did like the character development.  I found the story about the missing motorist to be a bit confusing.  However, the parts about Mike and his personal life, I liked that stuff a lot more.  That angle of the book kept me a lot more engaged.  I know you can't really have one without the other.  I still really like the author's ability to paint life in Maine and the trials and tribulations of a Maine Game Warden.

I recommend this series.  It seems to be one of those under the radar sort of series, but I'd say give it a go.  I don't think you'll be disappointed.

No comments: