Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Seduction by Design by Sandra Brown



Author: Sandra Brown wroiting as Erin St. Claire
First published in 1983 by Silhouette

Hailey Ashton projects an image that she's on top of everything, but no one realizes that she lives a life of quiet emptiness -- not ready to have a relationship, not willing to give herself body and soul to a man.

Never able to compete with her younger sister, the thoughtless beauty of the family, Hailey opted to be the "good girl." But when she meets Tyler Scott -- her rich, attractive new boss -- she longs to be anything but good. She wants to be chic, smart, and savvy.

Tyler is self-assured with women. But when it comes to being a father, he's got a lot to learn. Hailey Ashton seems perfect. His attraction to her is so powerful he wants her in his arms -- as well as in his daughter's life.


Seduction by Design is one of Ms. Brown earlier romances that she wrote under the alias Erin St. Claire.  For me, it was just an OK read.  I actually thought it could have been a cute story. I liked Tyler and his take charge personality.  I liked the way he wormed his way into Hailey's life.

I would have liked this book more had I liked the heroine.  I found Hailey to be annoying after a while.  Her insecurities really grated on my nerves. For every time that she seemed to be making progress, she would take something the wrong way and slide right back into her insecure self.  I got to the point where I was almost rooting for Tyler to dump her.  Of course, they get their HEA, but it took too long for them to get there for me. 


No comments: