Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Review: Paradise Misplaced by Lisa April Smith

Author: Lisa April Smith
Publisher: Createspace
Date of publication: September 2012

All the twists and suspense, danger and crime, romance and sizzle, that kept readers of Exceeding Expectations turning the pages long into the night, are back in Paradise Misplaced, along with Charlie, Jack and Naomi – three unforgettable characters.

Paradise Misplaced is the sequel to Exceeding Expectations. (read my review here)  As with the first book, I really enjoyed the story.  It picks up about a year or so after Exceeding Expectations.  There were a couple of surprises as the end of that book and Paradise Misplaced nicely ties up those loose ends.  

Charlie and her father are back, although Charlie still thinks her father is dead.  Jack is up to his usual tricks, trying to woo rich older women to keep him afloat financially.  I really didn't care for Jack too much after reading about his life post staged suicide.  I was happy to see that he did redeem himself in the end.  The reader also learns about Naomi and what she has gone through since the war.  My heart broke for her and for what she had endured.  I was so rooting for her and Ruben.  If anyone deserved to be happy, it was Naomi!

There is a nice mystery to round out the story.  Someone has tried to kill Charlie.  She can't figure out why.  I liked to little twist at the end regarding her attack.   I was saddened to see that Raul and Charlie were no longer together.  I loved them together in the first book.  That was my only complaint.  I don't want to reveal any more about the plot because I think it would ruin it.

Paradise Misplaced is a great book.  I would definitely recommend it as well as the first one.  Ms. Smith is a great writer and I look forward to seeing what comes next!

No comments: