Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

December Books We Didn't Finish


The Dark Unwinding was boring and confusing.  I really don't like to have to work to keep track of what is going on.  It looked like a good premise, but I gave up on it.

Reboot - Another book with an interesting premise, but poor world building.  The story was getting too confusing with too many numbers for character names.  I also saw the potential for lots of angst and just couldn't listen.

A Million Dirty Secrets- I think this book fell in the same category of Fifty Shades of Grey.  he story was too unbelievable.  The main character sells her body/virginity to make money for her sick mother. Even though there is no guarantee that her mother's life can be saved. When Delaine starts acting like a bitch with Noah, even though she needs the money, I had to stop reading.  The whole story was just too crude.  No one talks like these people.  I won't be reading the sequel.

He's Gone - I was so bored by the fourth chapter that I didn't care where he went!



Havisham-I was so in love with the idea of this book.  Great Expectations is one of my favorites.  However, I got about 1/3 of the way in and I just was so bored with it.  I didn't care anything about it.  So much of it was about how rich they were and how they got rich and I was like who cares??  I just wanted her to be in love and it was like never getting to that point.

Reunion at Red Paint Bay-Boring.  There isn't much else to say about it.  I don't know why I decided to pick it, because it doesn't even really sound very interesting.

No comments: