Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Dark Fire by Elizabeth Lowell



Author: Elizabeth Lowell
First published in 1988 by Silhouette

The Andean Cloud Forest in Ecuador is mysterious and beautiful. Trace Rawlings is a man who lives by his own rules. Ruthless and domineering, he takes what he wants. But Cynthia is used to someone trying to manipulate her, having dealt with her father all her life. She feels sure she can handle Trace. After all, he's just there to guide her through the treacherous forest, right?


Unlike it the first book, Fever (my review), I just really did not enjoy this book.  I don't think I have ever read a book where the heroine was just beyond TSTL!  I get that Cindy didn't want anyone controlling her or want to rely on anyone ever again.  But, really? You are a woman alone in Ecuador with no idea how to navigate the wilderness and you take off on your own?  I rolled my eyes through the entire book. I have to say that I was on Trace's side through most of the story.

I will give props to Ms. Lowell.  I have always said that she really knows how to write a love scene.  The one in this book is definitely hot!  If you ignore the rest of the story, that scene makes the book worth reading.

No comments: