Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Throwback Thursday: True Colors by Jayne Ann Krentz


Author: Jayne Ann Krentz
First published in 1985 by Harlequin

For two months, Jamie Garland had fallen in love... with a lie. Cade Santerre was every woman's fantasy - until the mask came off in a scandal that left Jamie shattered. Cade had pretended to be someone he wasn't. Worse, he'd used her in his elaborate attempt to catch a man he believed was a crook and a swindler.

Though Cade's suspect had escaped, Cade was still around - raw, masculine, overwhelming. He had some unfinished business with the man who had conned his innocent sister, and he needed Jamie's help. But Jamie had some unfinished business, as well: to find out if the man she'd fallen in love with really existed.
I don't even know what to say about True Colors.  I'm not sure that I have ever read a more TSTL heroine than the one in this book.  Jamie is 29, but I would swear that she never set foot outside into the real world until the happenings in this story.  I'm not even sure why I finished reading the book.  I kept saying to myself that no one could be this stupid.  But, Jamie is.  I'm not even sure why Cade would find her remotely interesting.  I can't even recommend this book and I do love this author. I say skip this Throwback and read a different one!


No comments: