Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Waking the Dead by Heather Graham

Author: Heather Graham
Publisher: Mira (Harlequin)
Date of publication: March 2014

In the case of Ghosts in the Mind by Henry Sebastian Hubert, that's more than just an expression. This painting is reputed to come to life—and to bring death. The artist was a friend of Lord Byron and Mary Shelley, joining them in Switzerland during 1816, "the year without a summer." That was when they all explored themes of horror and depravity in their art…. 

Now, almost two hundred years later, the painting appears in New Orleans. Wherever it goes, death seems to follow. 


Waking the Dead is the second in Ms. Graham's latest series.  I really enjoyed the first one. It's very different from her Krewe of Hunters series.  In Waking the Dead, Danielle and Quinn are back to solve a new series of murders that seem to be connected to a famously cursed painting.

I enjoyed this one a lot.  I loved the story behind the inception of the painting and why it seems to be cursed. I also loved the twist at the end as I didn't see it coming.  The characters I liked in the first book are back with the addition of a couple f new and interesting ones.  I was happy to see Wolf back as well.  Danielle and Quinn get a lot closer in this book and that was fun to watch.  They are a good match for each other.  I think fans of this author will like this book.  I can't wait to see what is in store for Danielle and Quinn next!

No comments: