Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Night Diver by Elizabeth Lowell

Author: Elizabeth Lowell
Publisher: William Morrow
Date of publication: April 2014

After a family tragedy, Kate Donnelly left the Caribbean behind forever. But a series of bad management decisions has left her family's diving and marine recovery business drowning in red ink. Now her brother pleads with her to come back to the island nation of St Vincent. Without Kate's financial expertise, the iconic treasure-hunting enterprise started by her grandfather will go under. Unable to say no to the little family she has left, Kate heads back to the beautiful and terrifying ocean that still haunts her nightmares.

Night Diver is the latest from Elizabeth Lowell.  You all know I'm a big fan, so I dove right into this book.  I really enjoyed it as it felt like one of her earlier stand alone romantic suspense books.  It's a good, solid mystery with interesting characters and a great steamy romance.
  
Kate Donnelly is called home to try to save her family's business.  The biggest problem for her is that she hasn't been on the water in years since she witnessed her parents death in a tragic diving accident years before.  Major sparks fly when she meets Holden, the man who has been sent to help shut them down. I loved these two together.  I also loved that it wasn't an insta-love since they pretty much hated each other and didn't trust each other from the beginning.

As I said before, the mystery was pretty solid.  I felt like it was well laid out and planned. I also loved the aspect of not knowing who to really trust among the characters.  What I also thought was well handled was the panic attacks that Kate felt every time she was on the boat and in the water.  Her ease back into the life style was realistically gradual.  After reading this book, I might be tempted to learn how to dive.  It sounds absolutely beautiful under the water!  

No comments: