Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

No Limits by Lori Foster

Author: Lori Foster
Publisher: Harlequin (MIRA)
Date of publication: August 26, 2014

Cannon Colter is quintessential hero material: chiseled jawline, shredded body—the works. He's also the guy who rescued Yvette Sweeny from kidnappers, only to put an end to her romantic dreams. These days, she's older, smarter, determined to face whatever life throws her way. Even the prospect of sharing a house and business with Cannon. 

Cannon knew Yvette wanted him three years ago. But she was young—and some things are worth waiting for. Thrown together by her grandfather's legacy, he realizes how deep Yvette's scars really go, and how much danger lurks in their quiet town. As pent-up desire explodes between them, protecting her becomes the only fight that matters. And he'll break all the rules to do it.


I have been really looking forward to reading Cannon's story. He was one of my favorite characters from the last of the "Love Undercover" series.  I knew I was going to love No Limits and I was right!  As with all of Ms. Foster's books, it is filled with humor, sexy alpha males, and steamy scenes in  (and out of) the bedroom.   I don't know much about MMA fighting but I'm intrigued after reading this book.

Cannon has made it big in the SBC. He is back home to recover from a fight when he learns that he has inherited half a house and business from an old friend in the neighborhood.  Yvette has inherited the other half.  Cannon hasn't been able to forget Yvette since their kiss three years before.  I loved these guys together. Even though Cannon is a pure alpha male, he still treats Yvette with respect and kindness.  He is definitely on my "book boyfriend" list!  

Of course, there isn't just romance, there is a bit of a mystery. Someone is stalking Yvette and is trying to sabotage her business.  It was a good mystery.  I loved how all of the guys in the group rallied around her. It was also nice to catch up with some of the old gang from the Love Undercover series.  This looks to be the start of a great series and I can't wait to read more! 



1 comment:

Marlene Detierro said...

This was another great book by Lori Foster. I love how they all join together. It is just the next step in the great saga of fighters and police heroes. I can't wait for the next book.

Marlene
Informative URL for Seattle Trenchless Sewer Line Repair