Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

October Mini Musings


Best Kind of Broken: I'm not sure why but it took me forever to get through this book.  It ended up just being OK for me.  I think most of the issues would have been avoided had there been more communication between the two main characters.  What happened was tragic, but not their faults.  It was also kind of annoying to see Pixie and Travis with other people  throughout the book.   Not sure if I will continue with the series or not.

Bliss House:  I am getting tired of books being described as one type of book only to be really another type of book.  I wouldn't say this book was a ghost story or even about a haunted house.  Yes, there are some ghostly things that happen, but it is really more of a murder mystery. It was also pretty long with a so-so ending.  The reveals were pretty easy to figure out. There are some brutal scenes in the book, so I caution people with triggers.  I just wish it had been spookier.

1 comment:

Ethan said...

I'm finding this to be a growing problem with some books. I don't understand why publishers feel the need to say a book is a certain kind of story when it really is not. I guess maybe it is to sell more books, but I'd be more apt to buy a book if I know what I'm getting myself into.