Pages

Monday, November 30, 2015

November Mini Musings

To Marry a Scottish Laird: This sequel to An English Bride in Scotland takes place about 20 years after the events of the book.  I was definitely entertained. It was fun watching Joan and Campbell fall for each other.  There were some amusing scenes and the mystery was pretty interesting with a twist. Definitely worth checking out!

Dreamland: This ended up being just a so-so YA for me. I think most teens will like it.  It wasn't as good as I was hoping.  The main character made typically bad YA decisions and that was annoying. There was also a lot of keeping information from Dea "for her own good".  That drove me crazy. I hated the ending.  I was hoping for more of a HEA.  Hopefully there will be a second book that will change that. I did like the dream walking idea though. That was pretty cool.
Host by Robin Cook:  It's been a really long time since I've read any Robin Cook novel.  This one was pretty good up until a point.  I had some issues with the medical students and what they did and didn't know.  I really had to suspend some disbelief with the ending, but I just kept telling myself it was a book.  Of course, family members would never visit their comatose relatives and never question why they couldn't.  It wouldn't be weird.

Mean Streak by Sandra Brown:  Kari reviewed this book last year and liked it.  I read it and I also liked it.  I thought it was a great story.  The turns that this book took were very surprising and kept me guessing the whole way through!

No comments: