Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Throwback Thursday: Body Parts by Vicki Stiefel


Author: Vicki Stiefel
First published in 2004 by Leisure Books

A homicide counselor must find a serial killer to prove one of her patients is innocent.

The synopsis is pretty sparse, but Body Parts is essentially about Tally White.  She is a homicide counselor with the Medical Examiner's office.  She and her colleagues counsel family members of homicide victims.  When one of her friends is murdered and a patient in her grief group is accused, Tally gets drawn into a tangled puzzle that ends up with her as bait.

I almost gave up on this book.  It was too long, with too many characters to keep straight. But I found myself wanting to know who the killer was and why he was doing it.  I was definitely surprised!  That twist was pretty cool. The reveal however wasn't enough to say I loved the book.  I wasn't even all that crazy about the main character.  

This is the first in a series.  I'm not sure I will continue with it though.  If I do, I definitely won't listen to the audiobook if it is the same narrator. The one on this audiobook wasn't very good and some of the voices grated on my nerves.


No comments: