Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Throwback Thursday: Courting Catherine by Nora Robers



Author: Nora Roberts
First published in 1991 by Silhouette

It's the stuff that love - and legends - are made of. 

Mechanic Catherine "C.C." Calhoun and hotel magnate Trenton St. James mix like axle grease and mineral water - until they kiss. 

Efficient Amanda Calhoun finds easygoing Sloan O'Riley insufferable - and irresistible. And they both must race to solve the generations old mystery surrounding a hidden emerald necklace.


Courting Catherine is the first in the "Calhouns" series.  In all there are 5 books.  The series involves that Calhoun sisters and their quest for love and hidden treasure.  There is a legend of a hidden emerald necklace somewhere in their house. 

Courting Catherine is probably one of the cleanest romances that I have read by Ms, Roberts.  C.C. is a virgin and she actually stays one.  That was surprising and not something I'm used to from her books.  It was kind of refreshing.  I wish this book was longer.  The love declaration came way too fast for me.  Two days and 2 kisses do not mean love.  But since this is a series that builds on each previous book, I am hoping I will see more of their relationship in later books.  

I listened to the audiobook for this one.  My biggest complaint was the horrible "Boston" accent that she gave to Trent.  It was horrible. Next time don't even try.




No comments: