Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Books We Didn't Finish - September Edition



All is not Forgotten:  Disturbingly graphic and boring.  The "narrator" of the story is the psychiatrist.  That didn't work for me.  He made everything seem so cold, detach d, and clinical.  I lost interest very early on.


The Woman in Cabin 10:  Yet another incredibly boring "thriller".  I made it about 30% before i gave up.  I hated the main character, she was too depressing.

Behind Closed Doors:  I'm not saying this was a bad book.  It was jsut too disturbing for me.  I'm not sure where it was going, but I was about 4 discs in when I
decided I couldn't stomach 5 more discs of abuse and terror of the main character.

Swept Away: This was originally published as Runaway Mistress. I was hoping for a good Throwback Thursday read. However, I couldn't get past the first chapter.  The heroine was so unlikable that I wasn't interested in seeing her transformation.

The Nix: Another one that was a DNF for me at about 30%.  I just couldn't keep with it.  I was bored and
ready to move onto other things.

Honor Bound: This is a the 6th book in the series. I have gotten used to reading series books out of order because they usually can hold up as stand alone stories.  Not this one.  I was so confused.  Maybe I would have liked it if I had read  books 1-5 before this one.

3 comments:

Jessica at Booked J said...

I'm sorry there were so many books that didn't keep the interest going and what not. <3 Better luck this month.

Marce said...

I'm not surprised by Woman in Cabin 13. Behind Closed Doors is amazing but I do give a heads up about the abuse, it was probably one of the hardest manipulation, worst then physical abuse books I have ever read.

Kari Boardman said...

Marce, That one disturbed me more than I was expecting.

Jessica, thanks. It's not been a great year for book so far.