Pages

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Books We Didn't Finish - May edition


Hard-Hearted Highlander: So far I have been wishy-washy on this series. However, I had to DNF this one pretty early on.  I couldn't make myself like the characters or the situation they were put in.  I was also very put off by the Arran from the first book telling his son, Rabbie, to marry the 17 year old and take a mistress on the side.  That seemed so far from his character who is still supposed to be so in love with his wife after all these years.  I'm not sure if I will continue with this series.

The Dangerous Billionaire: This book is about Navy SEAL Billionaires.  Did I mention Van is a Navy SEAL?  Because he is and he will remind you of that just about every chapter.  And Chloe has had a crush on Van since she was 16, because she has.  Yes, it was a bit repetitive and kind of dull.  I didn't find the attraction between Van and Chloe convincing.  I DNF'd it at about 50%.

100 Hours:  Have you ever watched one of those really bad teen horror/survival movies on Netflix?  You know the ones that have one or two star ratings but the synopsis makes it seem it might be entertaining, but they turn out to be garbage?  Yeah, that is this book. I only made it about 25%. It has TSTL,forgettable teens and after spending time with them I really didn't care if any of them were kidnapped or made it out in the end.

The Beast is an Animal:  I gave it the old college try, but had to admit defeat at about 25%.  This book was so boring.  What could have been a creepy fairy tale, was just so dull.  The story was a mess.  I had no idea what was really going on.  I say pass on this one.

No comments: