Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

December Mini Musings



Strangers at the Gate:  This was an OK thriller.  The ending was a fairly far fetched and pretty convoluted and I didn't love it.  I didn't really care for any of the characters. I probably should have DNF'd it, but it was short.   I wouldn't recommend this one.

Wicked Deeds:  This is the 23rd Krewe of Hunters book and the second with Griffin and Vickie as the main focus.  I think they are also in one more.  I actually did like the mystery.  However, I didn't love the Edgar Allen Poe ghost plot line.  I thought it was a little cheesy.  Despite that, this was en enjoyable addition to the series.

Just Neighbors:  Even though this is the fourth book in a series, it worked well as a stand alone.  I did like the romance between Kyle and Chloe.  They were enemies to lovers and I loved their banter.  However, I HATED a decision that the author made regarding a side character.  I felt like it was a lazy plot device to get emotion out of the reader.  Because of that, the story was kind of ruined for me. 

Knocked up by the CEO:  This was another "meh" romance for me. I didn't really love the couple or their relationship.  The overall story was kind of forgettable.  I DNF'd the next book in the series, so I probably won't read any more from the series.

Keep Me Safe: I didn't love this one.  It was supposed to be a romantic suspense with a little bit of paranormal thrown in.  Honestly, I kept feeling like I was missing something.  We are thrown right in at the beginning with literally no back story.  The connection between the couple wasn't there for me.  I also didn't love the whole psychic plot line.  I felt like it made the heroine kind of weak and whiny.

On the Corner of Love and Hate:  Finally, I romance I could get behind.  I really enjoyed this frienemies to lovers romance.  I had a lot of fun watching Emma realize her feelings for Cooper.  The only thing I wish it had was Cooper's perspective.  It would have added so much more to the story. I highly recommend this one.

No comments: