Pages

Monday, December 30, 2019

DNFs for December



Ninth House:  I tried a couple of times to read this book.  I was so confused the entire time I was listening to the audio.  I felt like I walked into the middle of a movie with no idea what was going on.  Ultimately, I decided it wasn't worth it to try to figure it out.

The Flatshare:  I really didn't like this book at all.  I got about 30% in and gave up.  I found Tiffy really annoying.  I mean I get that her boyfriend dumped her and had moved on, but she literally never did.  She was really whiny.  I also didn't love Leon's point of view.  the writing in those sections was weird and pulled me out of the story.  Also, he was already dating someone and since this  book that was supposed to be a romance, I found that aspect really icky.

Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake:  Iw as surprised at all of the good ratings for this book.  I hated the characters.  There was no chemistry between the main characters.  I got halfway through and gave up.

The Night Circus:  I know this is a very beloved fantasy story by a lot of people.  I just didn't see it.  I found the beginning boring and confusing.  I think it's probably just a case of not being that book for me.

Killer in Me: I really liked the first book.  But I couldn't finish this one.  The mystery was really boring. The main character just became so unlikable.  There was also too much going on and I kept having to go back.  I probably won't continue with the series.

Christmas from the Heart: One thing I don't like is when a romance makes me angry.  I got 3 chapters in and had enough of the main character.  She was so rude and entitled.  I thought the way she treated Guy for not being able to donate to her charity was inexcusable.  She waited months and never showed she tried everything to fund raise. Instead she blamed it all on this one person. If your job is a charity, then you should be focused on trying everything to raise money.  It was her fault that she expected one business to fund her big event.  I had no interest in seeing if she changed.


No comments: