Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2019

November Mini Musings



Devilish Duke:  This was a cute enjoyable historical romance.  I liked both of the main characters. Devlin was a sigh worthy hero and Sophie was his perfect match.  I also enjoyed the mystery in the book and was surprised by the ending.  I definitely will be continuing with the series.

No Judgments:  This was just an OK romance for me.  It was cute, but kind of forgettable at the same time.  I thought the romance was a bit quick.  The hero was kind of bland and I didn't feel any chemistry between the two.  Not sure if I will continue with the series.


A Billionaire Between the Sheets: This was another just OK romance.  I didn't love it or hate it.  The main characters were fine, not anything to get excited about.  The hero was a bit overbearing at times.  The ending was cute.  Not much else to say.  I am going to read the other brothers' books.  I liked their humor.

Too Close to Breathe: I thought this was a fairly solid mystery with a few twists and turns.  I enjoyed the main character DCS Frankie Sheehan.  She is definitely someone I would want to read about again in the future.  I definitely recommend checking it out.

The Legend of the Ghost Queen:  This is the fourth book in the Gulf Paranormal series.  While I enjoyed it, it wasn't as good as the first three. The ghost story was a bit anticlimactic. I felt like there was a little too much personal drama going on with the team  I also the narrator didn't differentiate between the female voices enough, so it was often hard to tell whose perspective I was getting.  I'll probably still read the next book.

A Question of Honor:  If you like cheesy throwback romance, then you will enjoy this one.  It was a bit over the top.  The push and pull of will they or won't they was a bit much.  But it had a cute HEA. 

Hide and Seek & Smoke and Mirrors:  These are the second and third books in the ex-DSI Brandt murder trilogy.  I am including them together because I feel like they could have been combined into one volume making this a duology.  Hide and Seek was basically a cat and mouse chase in Europe and felt dragged out for page count.  In the last book, there is a copycat, which I didn't love and his capture was kind of a let down.  The overall ending was disappointing.  I enjoyed the first book.  Unfortunately, these two didn't live up to it.

No comments: