Pages

Friday, May 22, 2020

Review: The Somerset Girls by Lori Foster

Author: Lori Foster
Publisher: Harlequin
Publication Date: May 2020

When they’re running the animal-rescue farm they inherited from their grandparents, Autumn and Ember Somerset are perfectly in sync. At all other times, not so much. Dependable Autumn would rather curl up with a good book than paint the town red with Ember. After the disaster that was Autumn’s last relationship, it’s pure self-protection. But when her high school crush comes back to town with his adorable young daughter, igniting memories best left forgotten, there’s only one person Autumn can turn to…

Beneath Ember’s free-spirited facade is a layer of deep hurt. She’ll gladly nudge Autumn toward a second chance. But risk her own heart? Not likely. The closer Autumn gets to her own happily-ever-after, the more Ember wonders what she might be missing—and if it isn’t her time to be bold, too.


I have to admit, that lately, I have been feeling restless and just can't settle my mind enough for anything. Given what has been going on lately,  I know I'm not alone.  One thing I have been craving is a really feel good story that makes my heart sing.  The Somerset Girls hit the spot.  I am trying to find the words to say how much I loved this book and how much I needed this book.  On the surface, it's a simple story about two sisters finding the loves of their lives. But dig down deeper it's so much more than that.  It's about letting insecurities go.  It's about making and loving family.

I loved the bond between the two sisters.  Being an only child, I have always wanted to have a bond like that.  I'm not sure I can pick a favorite couple.  I loved Ember and Mike as a couple as much as I loved Tash and Autumn as a couple.  Tracey and Flynn were hilarious. I wish I could see a picture of Tracey's art.  Add in a sweet little girl who needs the stability of family and you have a cast of characters you wish you could keep reading about.  I highly recommend this one, especially if you want to escape for a while.  

1 comment:

Ethan said...

I've been right there with you. I think I started a total of 3 books this week before finally settling on the one I'm reading. Oddly enough, I found my comfort zone was actually in a non-fiction title. Go figure!