Pages

Friday, June 19, 2020

Review: Tucker by Emily March

Author: Emily March
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Publication Date:

Meet Gillian Thacker. Her business: Bliss Bridal Salon. Her passion: Weddings. Her own wedding: It’s complicated. Life isn’t turning out like she’d planned. The last thing she wants is for a real-life hero to ride to her rescue but when an unexpected event puts her entire future in Redemption, Texas, at risk. So what’s a broken-hearted bridal expert to do? Maybe a new set of survival skills is exactly what she needs…

Tucker McBride has been proud to call himself a U.S. Army Ranger. But now that his days of service are over, he’s decided to put his expertise to use by founding a wilderness skills training school. He sets up shop in Redemption, next to Bliss Bridal, and so begins life: Part Two. Marriage has been pretty low on his agenda, but as soon as he meets Gillian, Tucker can’t help but contemplate the ultimate challenge: Convincing the reluctant bride to take his hand and leap into the adventure of a lifetime. . .until death do they part.

Tucker is the sequel to Jackson.  This one is Gillian and Tucker's story.  It can be read as a stand alone.  I enjoyed the first book, But I liked this one a bit more.  I felt like it had more humor and I enjoyed the couple a lot more.

Tucker is officially on my book boyfriend list.  With the number of book boyfriends that I have collected, I think I need to start calling it a "book" instead of a list.    He is back from serving our country and is ready for the next step in his life.  He is taken with Gillian from the beginning.  I loved that he just really "saw" her and did what he could to make her feel loved.  His banter with Gillian was a lot of fun.  Gillian did annoy me at times.  I thought she cared about what her mother thought a little too much.  That drove me crazy.  Still, I was invested in this couple and was rooting for them.   I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series, Boone.


No comments: