Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2020

Review: Blacklisted by Jay Crownover

Author: Jay Crownover
Publisher: Forever
Publication Date: October 2020

 Dr. Presley Baskin has always lived a quiet, calm life. Unfortunately, nothing about her life in Loveless, Texas—especially not the wild, rowdy, and impossibly close-knit Lawton family who've claimed her—is quiet or calm. Which is how loner Presley finds herself roped into patching up local bad boy Shot Caldwell against her better judgment. Presley wants nothing to do with the dangerous, brooding leader of the local outlaw motorcycle club. But when someone starts stalking her, Shot is the only person she trusts to help. Plus he owes her one...

Palmer 'Shot' Caldwell has always known his life isn't made for relationships. At least until shy, secretive, Presley reluctantly pulled a bullet out of him. He's oddly protective of the pretty doctor, so when she comes to him for help, hard-hearted Shot suddenly realizes there's nothing he wouldn't do to keep her safe.

Blacklisted is the third book in the Loveless, Texas series and I believe it is the final book.  This one features Presley and Shot.  It also wraps up the story arc from the first and second books.  The story picks up right after the events from the second book and put Shot and Presley in each others path.

I really loved the first two books in the series.  And while I liked this one, it just wasn't my favorite out of the three in the series.  One of the reasons was the mystery.  The ending of it was wrapped up too quickly for me.  I know this isn't really a "romantic suspense" but I wanted more out of the hunt for Presley's stalker.  I definitely liked the romance between Presley and Shot.  I always love an alpha MC biker who is able to find his softer side. These two are such opposites, but they just fit so well together.  Their worlds are so different that I do wonder how that reconciles itself down the road.  So I didn't have the warm HEA feelings at the end of this book that I usually get.  Despite that, it was a good wrap up for the series.  It's always sad to say goodbye to characters.  I do look forward to seeing what is next for this author.



No comments: