Pages

Monday, March 29, 2021

March Mini Musings




Layer By Layer:
This is the first in the Riggins Brothers series.  This one is the oldest, Royce's story  Having been burned in the past by his ex-wife, Royce is reluctant to fall in love again.  Sawyer was the perfect match for him. This was a really cute office romance.  I loved the relationship between Royce and his family.  I highly recommend it.

Piece by Piece: This was the perfect follow-up to Layer by Layer.  I loved how Owen was all in from the beginning with Layla.  I was rooting for her to find the family she had always wanted.  I should warn there is a short but kind of graphic assault scene in the book, so be aware.  I am loving this series and can't wait to read the next book. 

The Sanatorium: I read this book soon after Shiver. I was hoping for a similar story  It ended up being just an OK read for me.  I thought it was kind of slow and was a bit predictable.  There were really any twists and the plot was kind of forgettable. The characters were bland. I wouldn't really recommend this one. 

An Inconvenient Duke:  This one was an unexpected surprise. I wasn't sure if I was going to like Marcus and Danielle's story.  I ended up loving it.  They were a great couple and had fun banter.  I loved Danielle's character and her convictions.  I highly recommend this one.

An Unexpected Earl
:  This was a cute follow-up to the first book.  I didn't love the couple as much.  I felt they didn't communicate enough with each other.  The secrets were kept a bit too long for my liking.  But it did have a sweet HEA.  I look forward to the next one.

Whiskey Rebellion:  This book had some funny moments, but not enough to make me want to read the next book.  The main character was kind of a mess to the point of almost not being believable.  It reminded me of Stephanie Plum and that series got old after a while.  I don't think I'll continue with the series.


No comments: