Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Review: Deadly Obsession by April Hunt

Author: April Hunt
Publisher: Forever
Publication Date:  April 2019

After a lifetime spent in and out of hospitals, Zoey Wright is tired of playing it safe. She’s ready to take charge of her own life and get out of her comfort zone, starting with a new job as a CSI agent. But when her childhood crush Knox Steele gets pulled onto her case, Zoey needs to put her feelings for him aside or more women will die at the hands of the serial killer preying on her hometown.

Former Army Ranger Knox Steele is back in Washington to help his brothers open an elite private security firm. He never expected to stumble onto a crime scene, or see his best friend’s little sister working it. Zoey is all grown up now, and the attraction between them is electric, despite his best efforts to resist it. But all that changes for Knox when he realizes the victims have one thing in common . . . and Zoey might be next.

Deadly Obsession is a random pick that came available on my library's overdrive site.  I'm always looking for new authors, so I gave it a try.  The book is the first in a series about the Steele family.  The brothers are working toward building a secret ops security business.  When long time friend, Zoey, ends up working on a serial killer case, Knox helps out on the case.

I had such a good time listening to this book.  I loved the characters.  I loved Knox and Zoey.  Zoey had always had a crush on Knox. Knox had also been attracted to Zoey. But she was his best friend's little sister.  So I loved watching Knox finally give in to his feelings about Zoey. Their chemistry was off the charts.  I liked that despite Zoey's health issues, she was such a strong person.  She wasn't a helpless female and wasn't afraid to take care of herself. 

I also loved the relationship and banter between Knox and his brothers.  Despite their issues, you could tell their love and respect for each other ran deep.  I did call the serial killer's identity fairly early on, but it didn't take away from my enjoyment in watching them figure it all out.  If you missed this one, I highly recommend it.




No comments: