Pages

Friday, November 5, 2021

October Mini Musings



Survival Instinct:  This is a first in the Cereberus Tactical K9 Series. series.  I did enjoy it and liked the couple.  However, I wish I could say I loved it.  The ending was so abrupt.  There was so much build up throughout the book and all we got was a fade to black love scene.  I kind of felt a bit cheated.  The dogs did make up for it though.  I would recommend giving this one a shot.

Protective Instinct:  This is the second book in the Cereberus Tactical K9 Series.    I liked this story a lot more.  You could really feel the close friendship that Ridge and Harper had and how it enhanced their romance.  The ending was a lot more satisfying than the first book.  However, there is another fade to black love scene. I'd love to see the author finish what she started, if you get my meaning.  I'll probably be reading the next book soon.

The Shadow Club Rising:  The sequel to The Shadow Club picks up a few months after the vents of the first book.  I thought this was a better follow up. The tables are kind of turned on the club.  Someone else is playing pranks and the club is getting blamed for it.  Even though they have disbanded.  There is a good message about friendship in here. It is still a little violent, maybe more than I would recommend for middle grade level. 


Fade to Black
:  This is the 24th book in the Krewe of Hunters series.  It was nice to revisit this series.  It's been a while since I read one.  I find I need to take mini breaks when a series is this long.  I enjoyed the mystery in this one.  There were a lot of twists and I didn't call the ending.  The paranormal element was also fun as usual.  Highly recommend.

All These Bodies:
I really did not like this book. I was hoping for a good creepy story, but I never got it.  The main character is a teenager who is tasked with interviewing a girl accused of murder.  She says she will only stalk to him, but in all of the discussions that they have she never really talk to him about what happened.   It was frustrating and boring.  The ending was dumb. I don't recommend this one.


Murder at Sunrise Lake
:  This was a really good mystery with a little bit of a romance.  I enjoyed the characters, especially Stella and her friends. The reveal was a surprise.  My biggest issue with the story was that there was too much back story on Stella's friends.  It dragged out the story too long.  Maybe it should have been saved for other books in a series..

No comments: