Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2022

Book DNF's of March



Freaks:  I got about 2 chapters in and I knew I wasn't going to like this one.  I felt like I had seen this plot in a movie.  The bullying portion in the beginning was way over the top. The conversations were cheesy. I started to roll my eyes when the kids were leaping in the air really high after they got their "powers".  Maybe I would have liked this more in middle school. So it's probably a "it's me, not you" thing.


Smile and Look Pretty
:  I wanted to love this one, but I got about 20% in and knew I was going to lose interest.  The premise is interesting, but one I started getting to know the women, I lost respect for them.  I know it's probably controversial, but no career is worth being treated like they were being treated.  I couldn't get behind the revenge plots.


Truth or Beard
:  This will be an unpopular opinion, but I really did not like this book.  The opening scene where the heroine is basically accosted by one twin thinking it was the other twin was gross.  I was really put off by it.  I didn't find anything funny about it.  I tried  to listen to a bit more of the audiobook, but it got worse.  I don't recommend this one.


Reprieve
:  Bored.  I was so bored listening to this book.  I'm not sure what the appeal was for others.  It may have been the set up of the story.  We get back story on all of the characters before they even get to the escape house.  I would have liked it more if we had started in the escape room house  and got flash backs.  I was so bored I didn't care to see what happened to them in the house.



No comments: