Pages

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Review: Wed Like Wildfire by Lauren Helms

 
Author: Lauren Helms
Publication date: April 2023

Once upon a time, there was a grumpy CEO who met a wedding planner who never stopped smiling…
Cassie
You could say that I live and breath weddings and love, and as a wedding planner, a happily ever after is the main event. So when I learn that Theo Abbot absolutely hates weddings, that should be my clue to run for the hills as fast as my sexy little black stilettos will take me.
But I digress.
I'm on the hunt for my own epic love story, one T-Swift herself could write a song about. Which means unavailable and seemingly uninterested CEOs are off limits. Even if the man oozes sex appeal and his grumpiness turns me to mush.
A little flirting never hurt anyone.

Theo
Cassie Winters shines so bright I need a pair of Ray-bans to look directly at her. Problem is, once I've set my eyes on her, I can't seem to look away. The woman is a walking, talking promotion for all things love and happiness.
Hand me an antacid.
Counting, on one hand, the amount of times I've failed in my life, leaves me knowing I won't ever do "love" again. I'm set in my ways and not even this sexy little spitfire could sweet talk me out of my decision to never get married.
Yet it only took one drink to derail that plan.
But, things aren't always as they seem and when real life gets in the way of this fairy tale, we're both forced to take a hard look at what we truly want.
Are we both ready to wed or is this a wildfire that's about to burn out?

Wed Like Wildfire is the first book in the Happily Ever After, Inc series.  This one is Cassie and Theo's story.  Cassie is a wedding planner and Theo is the brother of her client.  He is paying for the wedding and that is all he wants to do with it.  The problem is that despite wanting to stay alone and grumpy, he keeps getting thrown together with Cassie. Cassie clashes with him, yet she makes him smile.
Thought this was a very sweet romance.  I loved both Cassie and Theo.  They had great chemistry.  Both of their backgrounds definitely shaped who they were in the present.  I do love stories when, despite fighting it, the hero ends up falling for the girl.  Along with the romance, the story has great characters,  I loved Cassie's friends.  I also loved Ruth. I look forward to their stories in the future.  I highly recommend this one.





No comments: