Pages

Monday, May 1, 2023

Books I DNF'd in April



Helltown
:  I thought that this sounded like an interesting true crime book.  I live in the area, and had never heard about this serial killer.  However, I ended up DNF'ing the book I was really bored and learned more reading the
Wikipedia page.  My biggest issue with the book is that the author keeps going off on tangents about Kurt Vonnegut and Norman Mailer.  They are very loosely and remotely connected to the serial killer.  I felt like he was trying to fit them into a story where they really didn't fit.  I didn't want to read about the two authors, I wanted to read about the serial killer and his victims.

Head Cleaner:  I'll be honest, I have absolutely no idea what was going on in this book.  I think I listened to the first part 3 times.  I'm sure there is a good story in there somewhere, but it was just too confusing.  I don't recommend it.

Red Hands:  I am so sad to have DNF'd this one.  I did enjoy the first two books in the series.  This one was just boring.  There were way too many points of view.  Half of the characters I didn't care about.  I did flip to the end of the book, but the ending wasn't any better.  

This is Not the Real World:  This is the sequel to This is Not the Jess Show.  I was hoping for a good follow up to a mediocre book.  Instead, I got a snooze fest.  I realized that I just didn't care about what happened to Jess and her boyfriend. So I gave up.


No comments: