Pages

Sunday, July 30, 2023

July Mini Musings (4 Mini Reviews)

The Ghost Hunter:  I was loving this short story up until the ending.  I hated the ending. There was a great creep atmosphere and suspense.  It was a fun read, but the ending ruined it for me.  While it was a twist, it was a cheesy twist.  At least it was short.


Summer Share
:  This is a short story that involves Emily who spends the summer with 6 housemates ahs has not me.  It's a way to relax and get ready for college.  I thought this one was just OK.  It was so obvious who was responsible for everything that was happening. There was little suspense and just annoying teenagers.


Shielding the Baby
:  This is the first book in  the Pacific Northwest K-9 unit series.  All of the stories can be read as stand alones, but they have a few interwoven mysteries that span the series.  This one introduces the unit and is Danica and Luke's story.  I enjoyed this one.  I did like that it wasn't insta-love really.  I also liked the twist in the end.  A good start to the series.


Scent of truth
: This is the second book in the Pacific Northwest K-9 Unit series.  I thought this one was pretty enjoyable.  The twist was a bit far-fetched.  So you have to suspend a bit of disbelief.  I would recommend it however.




No comments: