Pages

Sunday, October 29, 2023

October Mini Musings - 6 Mini Reviews

Jewels of Halstead Manor
:  This is the first book in the Ladies of Devon series.  I thought this was an adorable romance.  I loved watching Giulia and Nicholas fall in love.  I also loved how she wormed her way into her uncle's heart. I also enjoyed the mystery as well. I highly recommend this one.  I'll definitely continue with the series.

Undercover Operation:  This is the 7th book in the Pacific Northwest K-9 Unit series.  It is a great edition to the series.  Finally, we get to fid out what happened to the kidnapped puppies that were taken toward the beginning of the series.  Lots of action in this one and the romance was sweet.  

Midnight Vengeance:  The first book in the Men of Midnight series, which is an off shoot of the Midnight series, finds Jacko helping Lauren stay safe after a public photo reveals her location to a killer. I really enjoyed this one.  Both Jacko and Lauren have secretly been pining after the other for a while.  It was kind of adorable.  There isn't really much of a msytery surrounding who is after Lauren, but there was a lot of action.  I do recommend it.


Midnight Promises:  The second book in the Men at Midnight series wasn't as enjoyable as the first on.  It was fine, I just wasn't a fan of the insta-love part of it.  Sean and Felicity fell in love way too fast for me.  The events take place over only a couple of days. I would have liked it to be longer.


Fatal Threat
:  This is the first in the Emergency Responders series.  I really didn't like this one.  It was short, but I probably should have DNF'd it.  I wasn't a fan of the couple or the plot line.  I won't continue with this series.

The Cove
:  For the most part, I did enjoy this cozy mystery.  I liked all of the characters, especially Gabrielle and the villagers she encounters. I did think the little romance was sweet.  The solution to the 2 mysteries kind of came out of nowhere for me.  The ending was very rushed as well and felt unfinished.  I'd recommend it as it was a quick and easy read.



No comments: