Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2024

Books I DNF'd in February

Promicide:  I was hoping for a good cheesy 80s themed prom serial killer book.  Instead, I got a gross, unfocused maybe supernatural book that kept trying to remind me it was set in the 80s.  I lost interest after I realized I couldn't connect with the characters.  I don't recommend.


Missy's Murder:  I love a good true crime book.  This one wasn't one.  I made it about halfway through and gave up. I was bored.  I appreciated that the author was trying to create suspense around what happened, but it just wasn't there.  I googled it instead.

Night of the Storm:  Still having no luck with thrillers.  I hated every character in this book.  If I had to wait out a hurricane with these characters, I would probably take my chances with the weather.  At one point, the main character's car is damaged in the storm.  She actually thinks the social worker who is investigating her as a mother will not understand why she can't show up for an appointment once the storm is over.  I think the worker would understand given the massive hurricane.  It was all nonsense and I couldn't spend any more time in her head.


Tag, You're Dead:  I had a hard time following this audiobook.  I had no idea what was going on.  There were too many characters to follow.  The narrator made everyone sound the same. I had a hard time remembering whose perspective I was following.  The story was all over the place and I don't recommend.



3 comments:

Ethan said...

I DNFd Night of the Storm too. Thrillers have been very hit or miss for me lately.

Lauren Stoolfire said...

That's too bad about Promicide and Tag You're Dead.

Kari Boardman said...

I know, I was really disappointed in both.