Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Review: Lines Worth Crossing by Tori Wilde

Author: Tori Wilde
Publication Date:  March 2024

Crashing into Arturo Nunez's life wasn't part of my plan—keeping him alive was. Arturo is a masterpiece with his raven hair and espresso eyes. His imposing muscular frame and broad shoulders. A laugh that disarms and a smile that promises sin. He's the epitome of success and charm with a soul touched by loss. Born into Britain's underworld, constrained by my father's criminal empire. I've mastered the art of deception.

Thirty years ago, Arturo's father put mine in jail, igniting a feud that now endangers the man I'm growing too fond of. Protecting him from a hit ordered by my own blood, our fake relationship becomes a dangerous game of love and loyalty. The lines between pretense and reality blur, challenging my resolve to keep him safe without losing my heart.

Embraced by the unconditional love of his family, I discover a truth I can't falling for Arturo might be the most genuine thing I've ever done. But as danger encroaches I'm faced with a choice. Can the love of a man I was never supposed to fall for be my ultimate redemption, or will my reality destroy the only peace I've ever known? Being with Arturo crosses so many lines . . . Maybe those are lines worth crossing.

Lines Worth Crossing finds children's author, Arturo being rescued by a beautiful woman.  It sems that there has been a hit put out on him.  Poppy has found out that her father has a vendetta against Arturo and his family.  Only she can save his life.  When they head to his family estate to hide out, they must fake a romance to avoid his family from knowing anything is wrong.

I thought this was an enjoyable fake dating romance.  Poppy and Arturo have amazing chemistry.  I was definitely rooting for them.  One of the things that I really liked about this book was the characters.  Arturo shows a fierce protective side, but is also able to admit to being anxious about his situation.  Poppy is a tough woman, but she also can show her vulnerable side.  They just came across as more real and less stereotype.  I also loved Arturo's big family.  They really added a lot to the book.  I hope his siblings get their own stories.  I highly recommend this one.



No comments: