Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

2 in 1 - Fail Harder and Cat Vs. Human

I have 2 adult humor books published by Andrews McMeel Publishing for you today. Both are very quick reads and are guaranteed to make you laugh!

First up:

Fail Harder: Ridiculous Illustrations of Epic Fails

Author: failblog.org community
Publish date: September 6, 2011

FAIL Harder follows the hilarious best-seller Fail Nation to showcase 200 original full-color photos of world-wide FAILS based on the popular website failblog.org, the most visited member of the Cheezburger Network.

So what qualifies as a FAIL? How about a nursery outfitted with a gun rack hanging over the baby's crib? Perhaps the equation, "E=MC3" written on a classroom's write/erase board. What about a trifecta of beauty parlor, chain saw repair, and nightclub housed inside an all-in-one-stop shop?

Classic FAILs like these are presented in more than 15 different categories, including At Home, In A Relationship, On the Job, and With Your Pets.

If you must FAIL, FAIL Harder.

I have been reading failblog.org for a while now. When I saw the ad for the book, I knew I had to read it. This is a very quick book to get through as it is all photos. I read it in one sitting. Some of the "Fails" included in the books are hilarious and make you wonder if they are real or doctored photos. Even if they are, it doesn't make them any less funny. I definitely recommend this one if you are looking for a quick way to put a smile on your face. I will caution though, some of the content probably isn't appropriate for younger viewers. Especially some of the photos in the "FAIL Kids" section. But, since it is a quick read you should be able to preview it quickly before deciding if you want to pass it on to the kids.


Next:

Cat Vs. Human
Author: Yasmine Surovec
Published: October 4, 2011

Yasmine Surovec began sketching her clever and sarcastic Cat Versus Human cartoons as a way to relax and unwind. Soon, her popular blog at catversushuman.blogspot.com began receiving as many as 12,000 hits per day, with a number of posts going viral and appearing on popular Web sites such as The Huffington Post and I Can Has Cheezburger. Now, a selection of 100 Cat Versus Human strips—many never previously published—can be found inside this inaugural collection of Cat Versus Human.

Proud owners of Felis domesticus will instantly recognize Surovec's keen insights into cat behavior and all of the characteristic intricacies of the cat-human relationship, such as the allure of an empty cardboard box trumping an expensive battery-operated toy or how a cat's favorite nap spot might as easily be inside a litter box, on top of clean laundry, or directly on top of a human face. Cat Versus Human also encourages an affectionate look at your once-was-in-mint-condition mid-century modern sofa that is now being unstuffed one cat claw at a time.

I had never read this blog before finding this book. I have been a cat owner most of my life, so I can appreciate a lot of the humor in this book. I think there is even some room for dog lovers to appreciate it as well. My favorite strip in the book is "Dog + Humans vs Cat + human". Any cat owner can relate! This is another book that is pretty quick to read. I definitely recommend this one as well.

--Kari

*note: I read an complimentary copy of both books supplied courtesy of Andrews McMeel Publishing. I was not compensated in anyway for this review. By receiving a complimentary copy, I am in no way obligated to write a good or bad review. I am an honest reviewer and my reviews are based on my own opinion and only written by me. *

No comments: