Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Throwback Thursday: Secret of the Stone

Author: Barbara Delinsky
First published in 1995 by Mira Books

Paige Matheson is reputed to be as beautiful as the alabaster sculptures she creates--and just as cold. An intensely private person, she is perfectly happy living by herself, her only passion her work. That is, until drifter Jesse Dallas walks into her life.

I have always enjoyed a book by Barbara Delinsky. This earlier work by her is no exception. Secret of the Stone was interesting because the woman is the stronger of the two. Paige has had a great life growing up and is very comfortable in her skin. Jesse doesn't believe in love or happy ever after. I enjoyed watching Jesse learn how to come to terms with his love for Paige. Their story is very sweet. I was really rooting for them in the end.

The only thing that I didn't agree with was the decision Paige made on the night before Jesse leaves. I thought it was selfish and I didn't blame him for being angry when he find out. Despite all that, I liked how it all worked out in the end. A great early work by Ms. Delinsky!

--Kari

No comments: