Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Love Season by Elin Hilderbrand

by:  Elin Hilderbrand
published by:  St. Martin's Press
publish date:  May 30, 2006

Marguerite Beale, former chef of culinary hot spot Les Parapluies, has been out of the public eye for over a decade. This all changes with a phone call from Marguerite's goddaughter, Renata Knox. Marguerite has not seen Renata since the death of Renata's mother, Candace Harris Knox, fourteen years earlier. And now that Renata is on Nantucket visiting the family of her new fiancé, she takes the opportunity, against her father's wishes, to contact Marguerite in hopes of learning the story of her mother's life--and death. But the events of the day spiral hopelessly out of control for both women, and nothing ends up as planned.

Anybody that's been reading this blog for awhile has probably figured out that I've turned into big fan of Elin Hilderbrand.  Any time my library adds a new audiobook of hers I'm all over it.  That's how I ended up with this book.  It's one of her older titles, but don't let that scare you off.

The Love Season tells the story of Marguerite Beale and her life as a chef both off and on Nantucket Island.  This was a little bit of a departure for Hilderbrand as most of her books take place solely on Nantucket Island, but I liked it.  I thought Marguerite had a very romantic and exciting life and her experiences made for a great story. 

I think everytime I read one of Elin Hilderbrand's books I fall in love with the idea of Nantucket.  When I finish the book I think "that was my favorite book of her's ever".  However, with this book, I think it really might be my favorite book of her's ever.  It was a story full of amazing changes and forgiveness long overdue.
 

No comments: