Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Unforgivable by Tina Wainscott


Author: Tina Wainscott (aka) Jamie Rush)
First published in 2001 by St. Martin Paperbacks

Life in the backwoods of Possum Holler is anything but idyllic, but Katie Malloy's childhood is remarkably happy-go-lucky--until her innocence is shattered by a shocking act of cruelty. Distraught, she believes she has endured the worst anguish she will ever face. She's wrong...

Now eighteen-years later, Katie has triumphed at last. With a quaint, cozy home and an attentive husband by her side, she should be content, Instead, she wrestles with growing uneasiness as the horror of her past gives way to a chilling new nightmare.


When I saw this audiobook recently added to my library site, I snagged it for Throwback Thursday. It looked like a perfectly good thriller. Overall, I enjoyed the book.  It has a creepy husband, small town gossip and a swoon worthy lost love.  My main issue with the book was that it had so much foreshadowing, that if you pay close attention, you will have all of the "twists" figured out long before the end of the book reveals.  Even knowing I had pretty much figured everything out way ahead of time, didn't take away from my enjoyment though.

At first, I was angered by Katie and her subordinate behavior. But when I reminded myself that she had pretty much grown up only knowing how to be this way, I started to feel sorry for her. I was happy she finally snapped out of it and got a backbone! Normally, I'm not a fan of infidelity books, but her husband, Dr. Ben, was so creepy and controlling, that I was glad when Katie hooked up with Silas.  Honestly, I didn't blame her.  

I do recommend this throwback.  The narrator on the audio was pretty good.  Make sure to check it out!

No comments: