Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

My Own Miraculous by Joshilyn Jackson

by:  Joshilyn Jackson
published by:  William Morrow Impulse
publish date:  October 29, 2013

My Own Miraculous is a short story based on the characters from Joshilyn Jackson's book Someone Else's Love Story.  Shandi was 17 when she got pregnant, as far as she's concerned it was a virgin birth.  She's had her son and she desperately loves him, but she still hasn't grown up.  It isn't until the specialness of Shandi's son Natty attracts the attention of mentally ill teenage girl that the protective mother instinct wakes up in Shandi and she starts doing some growing up of her own.

I'm sure y'all know by now that it Joshilyn Jackson wrote a cereal box I would read it and love it.  So I'm sure it's not really a surprise that I liked this short story.  I adored Someone Else's Love Story, so I was glad to get some more time with the characters.  I definitely recommend both stories.  Probably Someone Else's Love Story first, then the short story...I'm not sure it would make sense the other way around.  Anyway, keep up the good work J.J.!


No comments: