Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Throwback Thursday: Immortal Hunter by Lynsay Sands



Author: Lynsay Sands
First published in 2009 by Avon

Irresistible

Even vampires need a vacation. But Decker Argeneau's ends abruptly when he's asked to help hunt the group of rogue vampires targeting mortals - one that might include a defector in his own family. Before he can worry about that, though, he's got to rescue the latest victim. It's all part of the job, including taking a bullet for a beautiful doctor.
Insatiable
Dr. Danielle McGill doesn't know if she can trust the man who just saved her life. There are too many questions, such as what is the secret organization he says he's part of, and why do his wounds hardly bleed? However, with her sister in the hands of some dangerous men, she doesn't have much choice but to trust him.
Immortal
Except now Decker's talking about life mates and awakening a passion that's taking Dani beyond anything she's ever known. Being undead may not be half-bad...especially if it means spending forever with a man who would love her with his mind, body, and immortal soul.
Immortal Hunter is the 11th book in the Argeneau family vampire series.  I am just now catching up since the book count is up to 22 at present.  This book is also the second in the rogue vampire hunters trilogy.   I can't say that I have loved the last couple of books.  But this one was enjoyable.

I did find the story had a lot of the familiar humor that has been in past books.  I loved Decker.  I thought he was a sweetheart and adorable.  He treated Dani so well once he figured out she was his life mate.  As for Dani, it took me longer to warm up to her.  I thought she was kind of bitchy toward Decker for most of the book.  

My biggest complaint about the book is the length.  I felt like there was a lot of unnecessary stuff going on.  For instance, Dani's sister is still missing and while they are waiting to get Dani's cell phone fixed, they all decide to go shopping for the house at the mall?  Who does that?.  You have a rogue vampire on the loose and you go shopping at the mall?  Do you really need to be worried about pots and pans at this point?  I just thought that was strange.

I have already started listening to the last of the trilogy, Renegade Hunter.  It's Nicholas's story and I'm enjoying it so far.





No comments: