Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Did Not Finish June Edition


The Forgotten Room:  Ordinarily Lincoln Child is one of my favorite writers, I
read everything he writes pretty much.  However, this book just wasn't holding my interest.  Every time I started reading it, I'd lose track of the story and get confused as to what was going on.  I'll try whatever book he comes out with next.

All the Birds Singing:  Kari told me she didn't like this book so maybe that tainted me...Kari it's your fault!  I listened to the audiobook for this one and the reader's voice kind of annoyed me right off the bat.  Dead sheep, sexual bribery, it just wasn't my way to start off a book.



Uninvited: The whole concept of this was initially intriguing, but then I just got annoyed.  Davy is a sweet girl, smart and a musical prodigy.  Suddenly, because she supposedly has a gene that predisposes her to kill, she loses everything and is shunned.  I could get on board with that until it is mentioned that people are attacking and beating up people with this gene.  Really?  Also her brother is kill gene free but is a bad seed, yet he gets a pass.  I found myself not interested in the nature versus nurture debate, so I gave up.

Pariah:  I was ready to be creeped out by the take off on Jack the Ripper. But instead, I was bored and not sure what really was going on. Sadly, not even Simon Vance, one of my favorite narrators, could make the book interesting to me.

Maybe Someday:  This book had two things I detest in it that made me DNF: A love triangle and infidelity.  I don't care how much the main characters are supposed to be likable, you can't get emotionally involved with another person until you leave the one you are with. Cheating is cheating. I knew I was going to get pissed off reading this, so I gave up.

The Witch of Painted Sorrows:  I was disappointed with this one.  It's too bad because I like this author. I thought the book was dull and into the third disc, I still didn't know what was really going on. The characters were uninteresting and I just didn't care enough to make it to the end. Plus I kept getting weirded out every time the 60something grandmother was mentioned as still working as a courtesan.  Blech.

No comments: