Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Book We Didn't Finish - May Edition


The Tokyo Zodiac Murders-I've had my eye on this book for quite awhile.  I normally love true crime books.  However, this one was just so boring.  There
was so much information being thrown at you in the beginning it was hard to keep track of what was going on.

Out of the Blues-I can't really put my finger on what I didn't like about this book.  There was something about the mood of this book that didn't sit well with me.  Also, it felt like I was coming into the middle of a series where I should know all the back story but I was kind of lost.  I kept double checking that I wasn't in like book 3 or 4 of a series, but it said it was a debut.

A Line of Blood-I didn't like the characters in this book.  It was getting really long and like nothing was happening.  Frankly, I just wanted everything bad to happen to everyone in this book.

Me Before You-I know like everyone loves this book.  It's getting ready to be a big movie.  I just didn't get it.  It was so boring in the beginning that I just didn't stick with it.  It's just not my thing I guess.  I might give it another try at some point.


A Darker Shade of Magic - Yet another book that I was suckered into because of hype.  I got about 40% in and just didn't care anymore.  It was so boring.  The world building was really lacking.  As far as I could tell this was supposed to be an adult fantasy, but it read very much like a YA.

The Children's Home- This one was just weird.  I wasn't really sure what was going on well into the 2nd book, so I just gave up.  I shouldn't take me that long.




No comments: