Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Throwback Thursday: Luring a Lady by Nora Roberts


Author: Nora Roberts
First published in 1991 by Harlequin

Nothing in Sydney Hayward's background of wealth and privilege had prepared her to take the helm of her family's corporation. Her overflowing new responsibilities left no room for complications--and Mikhail Stanislaski was definitely a complication. Sydney had learned the hard way that she could never love anyone--least of all, this earthy, disturbingly masculine stranger who came from a world so different from her own.

Still, the way she felt when he put his hands on her--strong, work-hardened hands--made her doubt her resolve to remain alone. This gifted man seemed to have a rare talent for luring a lady, even a very reluctant lady, into his arms....


Luring a Lady is the second book in the Stanislaski series.  I reviewed Taming Natasha last week and decided to start this one right away.  Much to my dismay, I couldn't  even finish this book.  While I liked Mikhail, I couldn't stand Sydney.  I really  just couldn't stomach reading about another woman who thought she was frigid  and was the reason her marriage  failed.  Lady, he cheated on you because he was a douchebag and that is all.  I was liking the story until the scene in the limo when Sydney is saying that Mik displayed disgusting behavior toward her mother at the dinner party. Ok first, eww, and second he kissed her hand. But Sydney, who made out with a guy to get back at Mik, was totally innocent?  Then less than a minute later she is practically mauling Mik in the car and begging him to "take her".  Nope, can't do it.

I'm not sure if I will continue with this series.  While I liked Taming Natasha, it took I me a while to warm to Natasha. I didn't see me ever warming to Sydney. I need a book where I can like the characters.  

No comments: